Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Post Baby Fitness Goals

So I sat down the other night to create fitness goals as I am struggling to lose the baby weight that I put on while carrying Marcus. I have been very frustrated with this process as due to him flipping positions on me I had to have a c-section and I have only been able to get back to working out at 9 weeks post delivery. I had all these expectations that I would deliver him naturally and be able to bounce back from the weight that I had gained during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. However that wonderful picture is not what has happened at this point. So I decided that I needed to sit down and make some REALISTIC fitness goals. I have always been someone who is a go getting and gets things done but when it comes to eating healthy I tend to do well for a few days and then fall off of the wagon COMPLETELY! So knowing this I have made some goals for myself that I am going to work hard to keep and make sure that they are posted here everyday and not get down on myself when I cheat or have a hard day when it comes to food choices.

Fitness goals

Goal 1: Lose 1 pound per week - lose 20 pounds by Christmas
Goal 2: I will only weigh myself on Mondays. While this may seem trivial I have a tendency to weight myself everyday and when I see that I haven't lost any weight or that I have gained I allow this to get me down and I allow it to cause me to binge. I also have struggled with wanting to lose weight quickly and goal 1 is in place to help me have realistic expectations.
Goal 3: Take a picture of myself in a swimsuit every other week and post it on my blog.
Goal 4: Log my food everyday for 30 days being 100% honest about what I consumed.
Goal 5: Plan weekly dinners every Sunday and stick to the Menu. I have found that if I create menu's I am more likely to be prepared with the items I need and therefore stick to the Menu instead of finding myself wanting to go out to dinner in the middle of the week.
Goal 6: Complete a full round of
             150 Wallball (6lbs)
             90 double unders
             30 pull ups
             In under 13 minutes by September 4st
I did this workout last week and I got through 150 wallball and 27 double unders in 13 minutes
Goal 7: Complete 10 pull ups in a row by September 1st
Goal 8: Run a full mile by September 1st.

In the end I am doing this all to be the healthiest mother and wife that I can be. I am doing this for myself and for my family.

I will be adding this weeks menu and my first picture this evening.

No comments: