Sunday, October 25, 2009

Saturday

Had a great morning training Lowell and then had a great group class at 9 doing R&R
a 500m row followed by a 400m run 5 rounds!
Jay set a personal and new gym pr by finishing in under 20 min.
Brett decided to wear a 40lb vest (yes he is a little crazy sometimes)
Emily set a gym PR and did great for her fist R&R.
Allan did 4 rounds and finished a second after Emily. It was a great dash to the finish!

Later I got to spend some time with my dad and we laid tile in the entry way. Looking forward to grouting it today!
Had a great time with at a girls night where I made flank steak pesto rolls that were great!

Ended the evening with some of Donald Miller's new book that I want to share with you. He is talking about story and how our lives are stories.

"I've wondered, though, if one of the reasons we fail to acknowledge the brilliance of life is because we don't want the responsibility inherent in the acknowledgement. We don't want to be characters in a story because characters have to move and breathe and face conflict with courage. And if life isn't remarkable, then we don't have to do any of that; we can be unwilling victims rather then grateful participants."
I am hoping that today I will live my life as a participant and not as a victim.
Blessings!

No comments: