Monday, July 7, 2008

50-35-20

Oh my God was it hot today!!!! I got into my car after work and it said the temperature outside was 113. I think that was just from sitting in the sun. However, it was 108 degrees today when I went to start my workout. I do not know how I made it through but here it is
Regular warm up, still working on the kipping pull ups. I am having a hard time on the down swing but I will just keep working on it. 

Work out
500m row
50 db deadlifts (20 lb dumbbells)
50 situps
500m row
35 db deadlifts
35 situps
500m row
20 db deadlifts
20 situps
time: 14:24
Felt like I was going to throw up however after discussing this with a friend of mine, it is becoming an addicting feeling. It is almost as if, if you don't feel like throwing up afterwards then you did not push yourself hard enough. I would also like to point out that my husband did this workout at 11 a.m. and I beat him by 14 seconds!! BOO YA!!! (p.s. he wanted me to add that he was cheering me on to beat his time)
Also, just wanted to send out a Shout out to Kim, thanks for the support!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great workout and I know what you mean about the throwing up feeling, if I don’t get it I feel like I didn’t push hard enough. Obviously working out till you throw up is not a healthy practice or good idea, but knowing that you have worked hard enough even just to get the feeling, in some sick addicted way, makes you feel like you have accomplished something to be proud of.

I get it most often when I am trying for my fastest 500m or 1000m sprint times. I guess there are worse things we could be addicted to.

santos said...

Ok, so, I cheer you through the workout, tell you what my splits were and coach you to "victory" and this is how you reward me? Nice