Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mount Lassen

I work with severely emotionally disturbed children. 6 of which are boys ranging in age from 9-13 all living together in a group home, and then I also work with both boys and girls ranging in age from 8-17 in a non-public school who are the same kinds of challenges as the group home boys. So on Monday myself and 5 other staff loaded 16 boys ages 9-18 some vans and headed up to Lassen Nation Park to go camping. They were going for 5 days and the staff in the first group got off on Wednesday when our relief came in. All in all it was a good 3 days but I am tired of correcting behavior and very happy to have today till monday away from work.
All of that to say that I ate like CRAP from 2 days, (I don't think I saw one veggie) enjoyed a doughboy or two and had no crossfit workouts. However, I did hike Mount Lassen and I got to the top first out of our group with a young man who last year was the last boy up the mountain and this year was the first. It was a 5.5 mile hike round trip and we climb about 2000 feet during it. My gluts were really sore the next day, so while no crossfit I did get some good exercise. 
Yesterday as soon as I got home it was time to see how much damage was done...
Regular warm up (although I did not do the whole thing)

800m run
21 wall ball (12 lb)
15 push press (20 lb db)
9 push ups
400m run
21 wall ball
15 push press
9 push ups
250m run
21 wall ball
15 push press
9 push ups
time: 15:20 

The first comment from my husband, "was man you sure did eat bad because I was expecting you to beat me in that workout"
Had a good meal of chicken, veggies and salad last night with a frozen fudge bar (i know not the best dessert choice but I have to ease back into the diet). Looking forward to getting back on the wagon and getting my times down. 
After we finished working out myself, my hubby and our friend Erik had a discussion about food. Erik when paleo recently and has been having great results both physically and performance wise and I am really wanting to get my times down more. I know that I need to eat better but considering where I was 2 years ago this is some vast improvement. So my goal (following this weekend in San Diego) is to work really hard to eat super clean for a month. Both Santos and I are working on this together so hopefully we can encourage each other and keep each other on the wagon (I know this is a saying for alcoholics but I can't really think of anything to replace it with, maybe keep each other on the stone wagon seeing as how the paleo is from the "stoneage" ok maybe that was not as funny as I was intending or hoping it to be) 
On that note I think that I will stop with the rambling. 
Hope everyone has a great day! As soon as I get some of the pics of the staff from the top of the Mountain I will make sure and post them up here!

No comments: