Saturday, March 8, 2008

"The Beach Muscle Work Out"


Top picture is from the workout today and the bottom one is obviously from when I got married. It has no relevance to this post today but I liked it so I thought that I would share it.


Per my husband we follow a 90/10 workout model 

90% of the time we are doing full body functional movements
10% of the time we do isolation movements
So today he had me barbell bench-press
15 reps at 15 lbs
10 reps at 35 lbs
10 reps at 45 lbs
8 reps at 65 lbs
6 +1 reps at 65 lbs
5 +1 reps at 65 lbs
Followed by 4 sets of 20 dumbbell curls with 15 lb dumbbells

On a side note I am very excited that I am going to be starting Shane Claibourne's new book Jesus for President. I read his last book Irresistible Revolution and loved it so hopefully I will not be disappointed with his next.

1 comment:

santos said...

Don't you know not to mix religion and fitness, Gosh!