Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snatch Work and Sunsets

Started my evening off with a run on the dam almost 2 miles, no stopping, may add another 1/2 lap tomorrow evening. It felt good to be up there and let my mind clear of everything that seems to be on it these days. Solitude can be a good thing and a dangerous thing.

Went to the gym after my workout, to foam roll and get some o-lifting in. Talked with Veronica and I am going to do more of a focus on snatch work rather then cleans cause I really need to get over my fear of going under the bar.

Tonight started out snatching 55lbs, 65 lbs, 70 lbs, and ended with 75lbs tonight. I was able to get under the bar at 75 which has been a struggle for me in the past. But the focus is not going up in weight right now but getting my ass under the bar. It is such a mental block and I am always amazed at how much power the brain has. I can power snatch 75lbs like it is nothing, but getting my ass under the bar is where everything goes out the window. I am afraid that I am going to mess up, drop the bar and hit myself in the head when I work on catching the bar in the squat position. I know that this is not going to happen and yet I continue to have this irrational fear. AHHHHHHH! I guess in life everyone has some irrational fear or another.

Food
B-Protein shake
S- coffee and 1/2 scone
L-Carne Asada Salad with guacamole, sour cream and cheese
S-cookie
D-Tri-tip steaks, broccoli, zuchinni

No comments: